RAYB Rookie League is coach pitch recreational baseball for current kindergarten and 1st grade boys and girls. This entry level instructional program focuses on the learning & development of the basic skills of baseball.
- Pre-season Practices will begin in Mid-April (weather permitting)
- One game per week
- All games will fall on either Tuesday or Thursday every week
- Game start times will vary
- In Season Practices:
- Two practices will be scheduled per week (no weekends), and will be one hour in duration
- All practices will occur on the same day and time every week (as determined by the coach)
- In-season Practices, 2 consistently scheduled practices Monday - Friday determined by coach (1 hour in duration).
- 3 Day commitment Monday - Friday to play Rookie baseball
- All game and practice play will take place at one of the following Roseville Parks/Fields: Howard Johnson Park, Bruce Russell Park or Mapleview Park.
- Players will become familiar with all fielding positions through positioning rotation.
- A roster batting order insures that all players will have the same number of at-bat opportunities.
- In the effort to keeping game play moving, a struggling batter may be encouraged to finish their at-bat from a tee.
- This non-competitive league utilizes a FlexiBall (soft baseball) for all game/practice play.
- Teams will be determined/organized by school and/or neighborhood. All efforts will be made to satisfy any/all “play with friend” requests for those who register prior to the registration deadline.
- Teams are coached by volunteer parents. Parents interested in being a head, or assistant coach, must sign up on the coaches registration form. Please contact the Rookie League Commissioner with any questions.
- A coaching clinic will be held prior to the beginning of practices/season.
- A hat, a jersey, and baseball pants are included in the registration fee. Each player is required to provide their own fielder’s glove and batting helmet.
Note regarding gloves: New gloves for entry level ages are not recommended as they are often constructed using man-made, synthetic materials, that cannot be broken in. A used leather glove is preferred and recommended - these are available at thrift stores, garage sales, Play It Again Sports, etc.
Rookie League Baseball – A focus on skill learning & development - A Goal of FUN!