For the past few months the RAYB Executive Committee has been monitoring opportunities for Roseville youth baseball in light of the unique challenges presented by Covid-19. We have taken into consideration many factors, and conducted many discussions. After careful consideration, the RAYB Executive Committee tonight proposed, and the full RAYB Board approved the following recommendation:
“Roseville Area Youth Baseball Executive Committee recommends and moves the association board to cancel the 2020 RAYB regular season and issue a full 100% refund of all registration fees paid this year to our families.”
We have decided to do this now, even as Governor Walz begins to open the state back up, because there are still far too many unknowns, and we feel it is time to provide our loyal baseball families a decision on the 2020 season.
Since we begin preparation for each season early in the calendar year, there were risks and potential impacts to the RAYB organization. We are happy to report that collectively we were able to avoid many of the expenses and obtain refunds for others this year. As a result, our anticipated loss by canceling the season is not as severe as initially estimated. RAYB has built a modest reserve in the event of a rainy day, and the Board agrees the use of the reserve is appropriate in the current circumstances. As part of the approved recommendation, we will issue a full refund of all amounts paid to all registrants. There are about a dozen families who have already received an 80% refund. We will also issue a supplemental refund of the remaining 20% to those families. These refund requests have already been submitted to SportsEngine for processing.
Despite the cancellation of the standard season, that doesn’t necessarily mean baseball is over for everyone this year. RAYB will continue to monitor opportunities for our families related to baseball, provided those opportunities are safe and consistent with our quality and safety standards. If we find playing or developmental opportunities we think are of value, we will communicate those via email and our website.
One such opportunity may be a modified travel option as Minnesota Youth Athletic Services (MYAS) has set a tentative plan in motion (MYAS is still determining if they can move ahead safely). If MYAS is successful and RAYB decides to make that program available to our families, we will conduct tryouts FREE OF CHARGE (applicable this summer only) and invite all interested players to try out. Players who make one of these teams will need to re-register with RAYB, and pay the applicable registration fee (no late fee will be applied). We realize that not all players may be placed on a team, but everyone interested would have a chance to try out. This option (if available) may also be an opportunity for a player whose family could not previously make the travel time commitment or afford the tryout fee.
As a fundraising (and spirit raising) activity, RAYB has worked with our local business partner, Revolution Sporting Goods to offer a commemorative logo wear option. “Roseville Baseball 2020 – Safe at Home” recognizes the unique “season” that is 2020. Funds raised will help offset incurred expenses and help fund equipment purchases for the 2021 season. We have options for Men, Women and Youth T-Shirts & Sweatshirts. Use the following link to check out the design and place your order today! Roseville Baseball 2020 – Safe at Home
The continued support of the RAYB association families is invaluable, and the RAYB Board appreciates your understanding and patience as we've moved through this decision process. We look forward to staying in touch with this baseball community as the summer progresses, and commit to keeping you updated as we have more information to share. Stay safe, stay healthy, and we'll look forward to being together, sharing our love of baseball again soon.
RAYB has revised the Travel Level of Play policy for 2020. An association-wide communication was sent on Saturday, January 25. A copy of that communication, which includes several FAQs, is available HERE.
Check out the reference materials RAYB provides, specifically for coaches, including first-time coaches! Information is curated for program and age-level considerations. Details available HERE.
RAYB is now listed with AmazonSmile! Start your online shopping at smile.amazon.com, and Amazon will contribute 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases -- just designate RAYB as your chosen organization!
No news currently found.
Tonight's Winter Training Sessions have been cancelled!
These fine organizations help make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to RAYB. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Tara Kennedy to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities.